Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy 1st Father's Day, Eric!


Noelle decided to join Eric on stage during Praise Team practice this morning. That girl loves a microphone! (So much, in fact, we bought her a toy mic today!)

I just want everyone out there in cyberspace to know that I have been blessed with the most amazing husband on planet earth!!! Today, his first Father's Day, is the perfect day to proclam it to any and all who will listen.

Eric is a great dad. I love the way he interacts with our daughter. He shows her such patience, tenderness and compassion when she's feeling sad, frightened or insecure. He also has a playful, goofy side that Noelle loves. She roars with laughter when the Tickle Monster comes out to play or when daddy chases her and mommy through the house playing Hide n Seek (or "Hii-Hii!" as Noelle calls it). He's always willing to let her pull him around by the finger to show him something. He teaches her to explore her world and be brave (sometimes this freaks me out...). I appreciate the way he desires to grow as a parent and encourages me to do the same. But most of all, I love the way Eric prays for our little girl. He daily brings her to the feet of Jesus. And boy do I admire this trait in my man!

Noelle doesn't realize it - yet - but God matched her with one truly special father!

Honey, I love you with all my heart. Thanks for being the man God created you to be.

Love,
Jen

If I have a camera near, I feel the need to snap photos of Noelle. She's getting pretty decent about posing for me! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's no surprise to me that Eric's a wonderful father. He was a great kid growing up! Enjoy your pix - I check every night to see if there's anything new. Happy Father's Day, Eric.

Aunt Sharon