Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Techie Update

Last night our techie friend and hero, Oh-Danny-boy, talked Eric through the reinstall of my recovered data. It looks like most everything is here...except I did lose my email contacts. :-( Photos, documents, our Taiwan dossier scanned documents, etc are all accounted for. Only it's a crazy wild mess, 'cuz I tend to not be very organized as to where / how I save things onto the computer. But hubby dear assures me he can get me organized and has already created several new file folders. Now all I have to do is "click and drag" to said folders, or something. If I smile and wink just right, I think he will help poor little me...

But now for the less-good news. I have succeeded in losing 400 or so photos and a handful of videos on my BlackBerry. Yes, you'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now.
Download and backup.
Download and backup.
Download and backup.
I trust technology way too much for my own good. Somehow my memory chip became "corrupted". (I didn't do a thing to it! I promise!) I simply cannot retrieve any photos / video, nor can I take any. Time for a trip to the Verizon store.

No comments: