Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm plum tuckered out, too!

You see that picture below of our sleeping kitty? Well that's how I feel these days. Ready to crash at a moment's notice. You see, recently I took on some extra employment to help raise more of the funds needed to bring our little girl home. It's a really cool job - I like it a lot - but adding an almost full-time job into my existing schedule has been quite an adjustment.

You see, I work 6:30am-1:00 or 2:00pm, 5 or 6 days a week. And for those of you who know me well - Jennifer, the night owl, who's brain and energy turn on after 7pm - getting up daily at 5:00am... Well, you get my drift. This is one of the reasons I haven't been blogging lately. Also, along with our church ministries and community activities, I still teach my music students and assist in our karate classes (when I can). But now we've added more adoption and travel related paperwork, duties, lists, and so forth that come with receiving a referral (ba-LIEVE me, I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'...).

We have a couple fundraisers coming up this month and next, and one of them is a big benefit concert at the Eagleton Center here in Richmond. I've been stressing over the many details and even cried this morning on my way to work. My dear hubby Eric was driving me there (only one vehicle), and I was having a little freak-out.

Okay. Thanks for listening to me whine. I don't want to make a habit of it, though, because I am SO blessed in SO many ways! God is our amazing Provider and Sustainer, and He will always see us through!!

If you think about it, please pray for us as we are nearing the finishline in this adoption process. Pray that we're able to find the time and strength to 'get the job done' and that we (me, mostly) leave our concerns at the feet of Jesus and trust completely in Him. Thanks! :)

No comments: