Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Boxes of Boxes!


IT HAS BEGUN.

Guess what the FedEx guy just delivered to our house?

BOXES.

Eight boxes of Boxes to be exact (and some packing materials in there too, somewhere).

The cleaning, packing and moving preparations have begun in the Johnson household. We received the call from Chattanooga on Sunday and as soon as Noelle was in bed we started working in earnest. It hit us that we had a mere 5 weeks before we were due to "set sail" for the beautiful state of Tennessee. So that first night we were up 'till after 2:30am.

It's amazing how a deadline will get a person moving. There's so much to do in such a short space of time, I find myself problem-solving rather than sleeping each night my head hits the pillow. We've been in our home for 4 years, I think. It's difficult to recall our exact moving date because we moved just 2 houses down and across the street (from the church parsonage where we had been living). We can still see the church and parsonage from our house. Nice arrangement. Very convenient. Saves on gas. And easy to find us. :-)

Oops. Got distracted. As I was saying, we've been in our home for a few years now and have acquired quite the To Do List of repairs, improvements, projects, etc. Our intentions have been good. We really wanted to finish restoring that beautiful old fireplace and finishing painting that guestroom and put in that backyard patio and add those trim pieces and and...

Well, NOW is the time. It's now or never.

Are you worried we won't get it all done? Let not your hearts be troubled. We Johnson's are determined to succeed. We shall truimph over that power sprayer washer thingee. We shall defeat the tub of spackle. We will find those missing knobs and install them in the proper location.

Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it.


Side note: Can I just say one thing here? I know I may look strong with all my bulging muscles and everything - yeah right! - well my arms (especially my left arm) are stronger than they used to be from hauling around Noelle - but Mr. FedEx man, why'd you ask me to lift that large, awkward, heavy box off your head? It hurt and I have a bruise now. And don't you get paid to be a straping young fellow who delivers packages near and far? Where oh where has the chilvary gone? (Aww, just giving him a hard time. He did ask politely, after all.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comedian or Pastors Wife? Maybe Both! I am cracking up at you and your "power sprayer washer thingee." Happy Packing!