Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Official. We've joined the 21st Century. I LOVE MY HIGH SPEED INTERNET!!!!!!

I am, for the very first time in my own home, sitting before a computer with HIGH SPEED INTERNET!!! Wooeee!!! I think I am in love... Sigh. :)

For those of you new to the blog here, I won't bore you with all the details. Let's just say that for a variety of reasons we had been unable to switch over from Dial-Up. Needless to say, it made my Internet research (which I do a lot of), my e-mail correspondence, posting pictures on the blog (Awful! Better set aside your whole evening!), watching videos (Not!), and many other tasks people tend to take for granted, slow and quite often very frustrating.

This evening, I'll admit I'm a tad giddy. I hardly know what I'll do with all that extra time (you know, when I'm not staring at the computer screen waiting for the next page to load or banging my head on the desk chanting "come on, come on, come on").

One thing I do know - when I get the opportunity to organize the photos I've taken these past 3-4 weeks - I will take great pleasure in posting them to the blog. I think I'll even get Eric's stop watch out to compare the time difference with previous uploading sessions. And then, to celebrate, I'll eat a lot of ice cream.

2 comments:

Carla said...

isn't it lovely? and now you understand why we said "we could NEVER go back to dial-up"

Anonymous said...

YAY for you guys! Isn't it wonderful? We hope that all of you are getting adjusted and staying well. Moving can be so stressful. We cannot wait to see new pictures! Oh and now you can watch the videos on youtube too. My user ID is Funkychiewawa . Nattie is supposed to sing tomorrow at the bluegrass festival and it was supposed to be with a band but it pretty much fell through so we are going to wing it with some of the songs you taught her. Hugs to all and please give Noelle a hug from us. (And yes, Nattie is still really bummed that you took your own child with you! Sigh....)

Angie Dunn