Monday, August 11, 2008

Johnsons' Update

Jen, Eric and sweet Noelle arrived safely to Chattanooga last week! They are exhausted, stressed and very excited all at once. They will have Internet tomorrow (Tuesday) and Jen will get caught up on emails and perhaps blog a bit then. Please continue to keep them in your prayers as they embark on this new adventure with God.

I don't know how many of you know me but if you do, you know I'm exceedingly selfish and wanted nothing to do with Jen moving across the country. However, even I have to admit this move sounds like a dream come true for them (insert sigh of resignation) and I can't help but anticipate the Good Work that will be done in them and through them. And anyway, true friendship is not based on the miles in between people but the way good friends' hearts seem to beat in time no matter where they are or how long it's been since they've been together. Jen is that kind of friend to me and my prayer is that our girls will have that connection as they grow up, too.

Before I just get beyond sappy, I'll get back to my assignment: The Johnsons have arrived, they're safe, their kitties are safe and they'll be in touch soon. Hooray!

--Lisa

3 comments:

Carla said...

{hug} Lisa - but think, I get to know her (and hopefully you'll come to visit soon as well). :)

Anonymous said...

Well said Lisa! But I have to say that it is so sad to drive by the house. I have actually avoided going down the street! LOL! My daughter is still moaning..."How could they just take Noelle...." I know it is going to be a wonderful move for them. Time to blossom. Sigh.

Lisa said...

Oh, Carla! Now I'm even more motivated to visit in TN. I hadn't even thought of getting to meet you and your family!! You'll be so glad to have Jen in your life, I promise.