Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Final Count Down...!!!

TIME LEFT TO PREPARE FOR CHINA TRAVEL & PARENTHOOD:
1 day...WowWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Whew! I think we're actually going to be ready in time. To be honest, I was wondering. And we might even fit 95% of our items in our luggage (still trying to decide what I can do without)! ;-)

We will head to the Kansas City airport at 5am tomorrow morning, fly to Chicago, then on to Beijing. It is SO weird to be saying that. After the many months of hoping, and waiting, and dreaming, this day is finally before us - FOR REAL!! I feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience. I'm not me. I'm one of those other AWAA people I've been chatting with online.

Then it hits me. It IS me, silly! We really are adopting a little girl half a world away. I never would have thought we would be doing this. But God knew. He knew all along. Doesn't He just have the coolest things planned for our lives if we just make ourselves available to Him? Amazing! Thank you, Heavenly Father, for blessing our lives with this incredible, life-changing experience. And most of all, thank you for Noelle JiaZhen Johnson!!!

uh oh. the tears are starting again. i've just been a happy cry baby all day. better run.

This family of 3 will see you all in 2 weeks!!!

No comments: