Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disappointing News

As it turns out, the woman who wanted to purchase our home could not get approved for the necessary loan amount. So folks, we are back to square one.

In the midst of our disappointment, however, we know that God is still in control and HE has our buyer. March is typically when things start moving again in the housing market, so maybe we will see some more interest in our house soon.

We do ask for your continued prayers. We know that God is calling us to adopt again, but we want to wait for relief from this financial burden before we commit to the process. We desire to be good stewards of all He has given and want honor Him with our finances. We had hoped to make some money from the sale of our house to pay down debt and get started with an adoption agency, but in this economic climate we may have to drop the price rock bottom to just get rid of the thing. It is difficult to know what the best move is. Please pray that we do the right thing.

I keep reminding myself that even if we don't make a dime on the house but simply have the relief of no more mortgage (which of itself would be terrific), God will always provide. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, so who am I to worry anyway? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear that! But you are right-God always has bigger plans. Maybe there is this other person out there praying for their dream house and they will come across yours!

The Dunns